NR2P : Not Ready to Parent

When faced with a crisis situation, science tells us that the human brain needs to make a decision as to our path to the solution within 2-3 days. This holds true when a woman is suddenly faced with an unexpected pregnancy. She buys the take-home test and when it’s positive, the 2-3 days begins, and the decision is made to PARENT or NOT TO PARENT. This is her first decision and it is made quickly.

Pro-life has not effectively used the bridge between abortion-minded women who could have been walking across to people like our Birth Mom Mentors for a conversation about the other option she probably has not heard about.

We of course support the decision to Parent 100% (53% of women choose this). It’s the other 47% of women who we are here to educate, support, and love. These are the Not Ready to Parent women. They all have unique backgrounds, current living situations, and thoughts concerning the birth father that make them choose not to parent.

Being not ready to parent leads her to either abortion or adoption.

For the next 2-6 weeks, she is 45 times more likely to become abortion-MINDED but has not yet made that second final decision which would be to terminate the baby’s life. Instead of shaming her for being abortion-minded, we tell her that the adoption option also gets her to her goal of not parenting! When we mention this common ground, she is usually willing to give us some time to explain what modern open adoption would look like for her.

We create HOPE finding that when we get in front of the abortion-minded woman and educate her about Modern Adoption she is interested in the positive benefits to her through adoption. Many reconsidering.

An important question we ask her is: “How about we make a plan for your baby too.” Discussing the options for the baby gives her time to think to make a more educated decision.

A new … convenience that has become a huge enemy to pro-life is the simple two-pill take home abortion process that is accounting for almost half of abortions under 10 weeks. Changes due to covid have now allowed women to be prescribed these pills without even needing to see a doctor in person.